Buyers unable to read!

...see image...

Why is it that people are incapable of reading item titles correctly...this information was also repeated in the decription....

Question, if I hadn't had messaged the buyer but simpy sent it out how would I stand once he got it and wanted to return it would Ebay make ME cover the cost of the return postage ?

...think we all know the answer to that !!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Buyers unable to read!

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

That's amazing, I keep trying to explain to website designers that nobody reads anything these days and everything needs to be one click away because many people are now functioning on some weird basic mode when buying items online, so I'm not surprised (just slightly saddened really because your listing is clear as day in the title, condition and description). 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyers unable to read!

Sure if the buyer claimed the item wasn't as described they would get a free return. 

It might be worth detailing exactly which spare pieces are there or lay them out clearly in a picture. There is room for buyers to be unclear exactly what they are getting, they may see the spare piece they wanted and then realise when it arrives that it wasn't the piece they thought they could see. It is one of those listings that is asking for issues, I'd make it more detailed or just take it down. I've got plenty of things like that sat in an eBay death pile 😅.

With your buyer there, I wonder if they just took the opportunity to pull out of the sale because you messaged them and it confirmed their doubts, maybe they were 50/50 on it anyway and your message gave them an easy out so they took it. I rarely message buyers like that anymore as

it just sows a seed of doubt. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyers unable to read!

I take your point but if the buyer was after a specific piece he would have asked me if that was included .... well that's what I would have done anyway....

I don't think that was the case here....he simply didn't read anything.....

Not sure what reason the buyer would have given in order to qualitfy for a free return...item was as decribed...but I guess telling Ebay they didnt read the title, desciption or look at the pictures would have been good enough for them....

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyers unable to read!

Yeah unfortunately eBay would back any buyer INAD claim on it. They pretty much take the buyers word for things all the time anyway whatever we do as the seller but there is just enough ambiguity there too. 

You may be right this buyer just didn't read it so they may have done you a favour by being honest. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as they have a fairly large feedback score so guessed they were eBay savvy and it was more a case of them reconsidering their purchase once the chance arose. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: