Buyer response (or lack of)

Time for a quick vent. I'm only a private seller but I like to treat my sales in a business-like way. I always message buyers to let them know when an item is on the way, notify them if there'll be any slight delay in posting and politely ask for feedback on receipt so that I know they received the item and are happy with it. Though I don't expect buyers to necessarily respond to these messages and I know that feedback is optional, I'd say that 90% of the time the messages don't get a response and feedback gets left on arrival maybe 60-70% of the time. I've had very few items go missing over the years but I do end up with quite a few sales that are in a response limbo after posting, with no messages or feedback. The flip side is that I've had some very pleasant messages and feedback from buyers who do respond. Is this what other sellers find?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I've never given a moment's though to feedback... I prefer the cash.

With the greatest of respect... what can you do with feedback?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Just keep doing your bit - selling and despatching in good time.

Forget feedback. Don't chase it - that will lose you more than it will gain you. With my buying hat on, I avoid sellers who chase feedback, and I certainly don't give them any. You'll get enough without chasing it. 

Mark items as despatched when they are despatched, and add tracking details if appropriate. The buyers can see that - they don't want a pen-friend.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent