Buyer not Sending necessary details for me to be able send item

I sold a item that is a digital baseball card and requires you to have an app to receive it (Topps BUNT 2023). I made clear in the title and description that it was a digital card and that you must send me your username from the app and then I send them the digital card. I had seen many other types of these listing on eBay so new that it was legal. However, when the buyer purchased the item and payed for it they did not send me there username. I have continually sent them messages about this but they are not responding. I would like to not have to cancel the order and keep my money. I would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'd ignore this person, they sometimes give out truly bad advice. Unfortunately though for your situation it's better to cancel using the 'problem with buyers address' for the reason. If you ignore it then the buyer may come online and hit you with 'Item Not Received' and it doesn't matter if this is totally unjustified it will still ding your account. Cancelling now will save you more time than later fighting INR or asking customer services to remove your INR ding etc.

Digital Trading Cards are exempt from the policy quoted above. You did nothing wrong. It's just an issue with your buyer. It happens now and again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Despite the fact that there may be others I very much doubt this is "legal".  EBay does not - in general - allow digital sales.  Specifically delivery will normally require "tracking". If the buyer or you cancel the buyer will get refund

This is what eBay says about digital delivery - you advertise free Royal Mail postage too!

Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format.

Due to the nature of electronically delivered goods, extra care needs to be taken to prevent intellectual property infringement and minimise risks for buyers.

@winningcollectables

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

It says that digital cards are an exception to the rule though?

winningcollectables_0-1703949595137.png

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I'd ignore this person, they sometimes give out truly bad advice. Unfortunately though for your situation it's better to cancel using the 'problem with buyers address' for the reason. If you ignore it then the buyer may come online and hit you with 'Item Not Received' and it doesn't matter if this is totally unjustified it will still ding your account. Cancelling now will save you more time than later fighting INR or asking customer services to remove your INR ding etc.

Digital Trading Cards are exempt from the policy quoted above. You did nothing wrong. It's just an issue with your buyer. It happens now and again.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks much appreciated

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Send a refund.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You have a postage method showing on your listing and you've listed in a category for tangible items, which is likely why your buyer is waiting for it to be delivered:

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 16.35.44.png

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent