Attempted delivery three time

I sent an item to a buyer through EBay (Evri) who say they attempted to deliver the item three times. The item was tracked and the carrier had pictures of the door. Buyer says they were in. Now the buyer says they are going to report me to Ebay for not getting goods. The item has not been returned to me. Where do I stand?

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

If the buyer hasn`t received their item, they are entitled to a refund, whether they were actually in or not. Sounds like buyers remorse and why they`ve avoided taking the parcel. So if they open a case for not received, they`ll get refunded, then you`ll need to take it up with Evri to get the item back. if you put your return address on, it should be returned, but if you didn`t, i wouldn`t hold out much luck, but certainly contact them and try.

`carrier had pictures of the door`

out of interest, how do you know it`s the buyers door, have you confirmed it with them?

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

I have sent the buyer a refund. 
Thanks

Jill

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Went back in to get pictures but the pictures had gone and now only shows location.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Odd. I thought that proof of attempted delivery (i.e. tracking shows a delivery attempt) was good enough to defend against item not received cases?

OP did your buyer open a case for non delivery or just message you? If the latter you may have acted prematurely in giving a refund.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

@unclegeoge100 wrote:

I sent an item to a buyer through EBay (Evri) who say they attempted to deliver the item three times. The item was tracked and the carrier had pictures of the door. Buyer says they were in. Now the buyer says they are going to report me to Ebay for not getting goods. The item has not been returned to me. Where do I stand?

Did the buyer open an "Item Not Received" case? If so you only needed to provide the tracking you had to the case - this is still required even if you provided tracking with the order. eBay will deem a status showing delivery or attempted delivery as the seller having met their obligations to the buyer.

You actually had no reason to refund the buyer at all when you did. If/when Evri returned the item you could have volunteered to refund your buyer but eBay wouldn't have forced you to do so.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

I had exactly the same thing happen last year. The buyer messaged me and said they still hadn't received the item so I contacted Evri and they said they had made 3 attempted deliveries and each time they had left a numbered card. So the item was on its way back to me. I contacted EBay customer services and told them what had happened and I said that according to eBay terms and conditions an attempted delivery still counts as a delivery. But because the package was being returned the delivery address now showed as my address. So the person at customer service emailed me a link to send proof that there were attempted deliveries to the buyers address. So I sent photos of their house and attempted delivery information and within 24 hours the case was closed in my favour. I don't know if buyers understand that if you refund them because they miss the delivery you are then down the money for the item plus the postage. It would literally be better if the item had never sold. Plus in the case of my buyer they claimed on the case that I had never replied to their messages when I had replied to every single one! 

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback. If it had been a large amount of money I would have most probably challenged it.  As it was a smallish amount I didn't think it was worth the negative feedback I might get so I decided to give a refund.  Also it was taking up a lot of my time and energy. Trying to contact Evri was a nightmare. Only an automative service. No human. I have now stopped using Evri and gone back to the Royal Mail.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

but what is attempted delivery?  In my case the local courier will not come up our farm track and says there is an issue getting to the address etc but there is no issue.  Well, no issue with ANYONE but the local EVRI courier.  Hence why i never buy from anyone using them, which is okay until someone says they are sending RM and then do EVRI.  I got my money back from the seller without a problem but according to EVRI they still have the parcel and are still attempting to deliver (that is from the 2nd November until the last communication on the 29th!!)  I should feel sorry for the seller if he is out of pocket but if he had sent it as he said then there would not have been a problem.  Why should i have been out of pocket?

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

@eastern-lights wrote:

Odd. I thought that proof of attempted delivery (i.e. tracking shows a delivery attempt) was good enough to defend against item not received cases? It is!

OP did your buyer open a case for non delivery or just message you? If the latter you may have acted prematurely in giving a refund. I agree

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

whoops just seen my mistake, the original despatch date was 2nd October not 2nd November.  However just as an update i have today 7/11 just recieved yet another e mail from EVRI to say they have recieved the parcel at their depot and will let me know when it is out for dispatch????   Wonder where it has been since the last supposed delivery attempt on the 28th Oct!

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Exactly what I'm doing. Evri are useless and Ebay shouldn't be promoting them. Royal Mail for me from now on.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Contact Evri lol 😆 😂 You do realise that it is actually impossible to speak with a human at Evri right? Ebay promote Evri and their useless service so as a seller I would refuse to refund the buyer. If the buyer needed to contact Evri to change delivery options they wouldn't be able to. Ebay need to be refunding if anyone. 

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent