Accept a return for damaged item ?

Hi everybody,

I sold a food processor in early April. It was returned to me as the newsagents would not accept it as it was too big. I asked the buyer to split the cost of redelivery as it was not my fault,neither his fault. He refused,so I took the hit on the postage to redeliver.

He sent me a message ' received with thanks ' on 5th April.

Today I have received a return request, 17 days after he received it ! He has sent a couple of photo's with the damage. This has proved a very difficult sale and I am very suspicious,given that his complaint is 17 days after he received it ! Surely he opened the parcel ? Basically, I don't believe him. I think he has damaged it.

Do you think I have a reasonable case to decline the return or am I going to have to accept it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

you'll have to accept the return, or Ebay will refund them and they'll keep the item too.

when you get the item back you put in claim from your carrier for the damage.

Welcome to the Wild West of eBay.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I feared as much ! Justice eh ! The wild west of eBay, funny but unfortunately very true.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent