A Question About using a PO BOX

in the future i am planning on becoming self-emplyoed and wish to a start ebay bussiness account

So for an address can i use a PO BOX for the bussiness account as i know that bussiness account sellers will have to have they address public (this question is about ebay not HMRC) 

any info will help alot.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The answer is, no.  You cannot use a PO Box.  You can find the details, direct from Ebay here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/contact-information-listings-policy?id=4712

Click on

and scroll right to the very last item where it states:

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

• Business sellers will have their business name, contact details and physical street address automatically displayed in the Business Details section on the seller's profile page

Not allowed

• Businesses may not display their name and address on listings outside of the Business Details section. Displaying the name and address in the item description is not permitted
    • PO box addresses are not considered to be geographic addresses and will not be accepted as a valid business address
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

A PO Box is a mail forwarding service, not an address, so no.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Would ebay accpet a virtual address instead ?

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'm pretty sure that you can use a virtual address, but stand to be corrected here if anybody else comes along with further information. 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

The answer is, no.  You cannot use a PO Box.  You can find the details, direct from Ebay here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/contact-information-listings-policy?id=4712

Click on

and scroll right to the very last item where it states:

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

• Business sellers will have their business name, contact details and physical street address automatically displayed in the Business Details section on the seller's profile page

Not allowed

• Businesses may not display their name and address on listings outside of the Business Details section. Displaying the name and address in the item description is not permitted
    • PO box addresses are not considered to be geographic addresses and will not be accepted as a valid business address
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

@four_mid_able wrote:

Where would any "returns" go to ?.

See :- https://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/virtual-office-for-dropshipping-ebay-business.337410/

To the returns address that the seller has put in their eBay addresses section (there are 5 address areas there). The returns address doesn't have to match.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

from what i have read on UK Postbox the return would go back to them 

https://www.ukpostbox.com/address/returns-address-service

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I would think that your registered address would have to match the address on you business Bank account, especially now with Managed Payments

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

@linthamdesigns wrote:

I would think that your registered address would have to match the address on you business Bank account, especially now with Managed Payments

This is how I understand it. The address displayed in the "Business seller information" section must match the address provided during the "know your customer" checks for managed payments.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent