80% off variable selling fees

At least once every week I receive an 80% off variable selling fees by eBay

It's not that I am ungrateful, but the user experience as a regular Seller is awful

Everything I need to sell is already listed on eBay, so it does not encourage me to list anything new

Instead, in order to qualify, I activate the 80% off promotion, then end all my listings and then relist them

The 80% off promotion only lasts a short time. Then a few days later I receive another 80% off promotion and it's like ground-hog day. The same ritual. What an enormous waste of time and effort. And what do eBay gain from this?

If eBay didn't charge such ridiculously high fees in the first instance (c.12.5%) and instead introduced a tiered system so that the more that a Seller sells, the lower the fee percentage, then all this could be avoided.

It is just such a bad user experience. I hate it, despite sometimes being able to reduce the fees that I pay to eBay down to the level that they should probably be in the first place.

The high eBay fees mean that I only sell on eBay what I can't sell elsewhere. So eBay becomes my market place of last resort. The same must be true for so many other sellers.

eBay, sort it out!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I doubt that you get '80% off' every week. You will be lucky to get it once a fortnight.

The offer usually lasts for 4 days and anything you list in that period will have it applied whenever it sells in the listing period (5/7/10 days or BIN). You do not have to keep re-listing if the item is still valid.

You will get the offer and reminders about it over the next 3 days (not a new offer every time).

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Erm the 70/80% fvf  discounts are meant for private sellers.

Selling multiples of the same new item and stating >> We are the only official UK distributor of this product << is a business seller.

You really should upgrade your account and don't forget eBay will automatically pass your details onto HMRC if you sell more than 30 items or make more than £1700 in a year.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

As above poster said, you are a business and should be registered here as such. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Oh, you can be absolutely certain that eBay has a system whereby the more you sell, the lower your fees will be.

Probably need to be selling upwards of £1/2 million to qualify for a discussion about it though - and, of course, they will only be talking to business sellers.  Not even the little business sellers, many of whom pay 25-35% in fees.  And the last time business sellers got any promotion where fees were discounted was about three years ago.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent