Help identify this vase Doulton Lambeth style?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Another photo.  Vase bought with some vintage english items including sylvac.  Any ideas welcome

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

the numbers on the base are usually the design or shape number
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

is it marked as doulton?
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

No doulton mark, it just has the style of doulton lambeth. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm afraid i haven't, although it does look very like Lambeth :/.  If you're intending to list it, i would list it as style and price it as if it where Lambeth - stating of course the style/design code on the base.  Have you had a look at listings to see if there are any R.D Lambeth jugs listed with that design/shape number?  Nice piece, either way!

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply, it will be listed at some point.  The coloured base and numbers make me think it may be German or old Sylvac but in the style of Doulton.  It's 100% not a Doulton mark but perhaps a Doulton artist in another factory.  I think this will remain a mystery!

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Yes, both options could be possible!  I can see the notion behind an old Sylvac piece, as the design/shape numbers are very typical in layout to the way Sylvac number, and as you say it does have a German appearance.  I am personally really racking my brains with this piece, as i am sure that i have seen it before, that strange feeling, but i cannot remember where!

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent