Why is ebay Global Shipping from US to UK not available?

Hi there, I'm trying to purchase a used laptop from the US and have it shipped to the UK. And found quite a few reasonably priced US listings that I like.

The sellers use GSP to ship out of the USA and told me international shipping to the UK should be possible they had done it in the past but idk why it is not offering the UK as valid destination for the item and not letting me purchase the item.

I would really appreciate it if someone would be able to guide on how to purchase a laptop with US  listing and have it shipped to the UK.
Thank you

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

To be honest I don't know the reason as to why it's doing this, although perhaps somebody else with experience of selling items via eBay's Global Shipping Programme would be able to give you some more accurate advice on this matter.  The only thing that I can think of is that some items may be ineligible to be posted via the Global Shipping Programme, which could explain why you are not seeing a postage option from the USA to the UK.

One thing that you could try if you really want the item badly enough would be to contact the seller and enquire as to whether they would be willing to end the original listing and relist it for sale on eBay again, albeit outside of the Global Shipping Programme, with an international postage option included so that you could make payment for the item.  If the seller is willing to do this for you then you may well be able to purchase the item that you are currently finding it impossible to purchase via the eBay Global Shipping Programme.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Unfortunately after the brexit a lot of roles regarding the shipping have been changed, Inlive in uk and sometimes we can't receive item from Europe neither or wait long time compared before brexit where the shipping have been done without issue. Looks like that at moment none deal or according have been done yet.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: