Royal Mail Online Postage for INTERNATIONAL MEDIUM PARCELS

I'm a tad confused. Can any one enlighten me, as Royal Mail can't seem to. Last year, Royal Mail published prices online for sending International parcels by a new medium size (this was only going to be availabe with online postage labels, not from the PO). However at the time you could still only buy small parcels for international services (max 90cm if you add all dimensions together). After a few months the MEDIUM INTERNATIONAL option appeared, so started using that to post larger items abroad. All ok UNTIL my partner sent a medium parcel (postage bought online, all correct dimensions, no larger than medium max size or weight etc) to Eire and it got returned saying OVERSIZED. He sent it again saying on box it was NOT oversized and it got returned again. He finally gave up on RM and was able to send it via Evri. We have sent numerous MEDIUM parcels abroad with no issue, our postman, who collects our parcels says MEDIUM is ok, and so does our post office. HOWEVER on complaining to Royal Mail they 1st denied there was a medium service, and are now saying the website is wrong and they are working 'hard' to fix the problem (LMAO! - they've had months and months to fix it so I'm actually thinking they are lying to fob us off.) I've told them if they are charging for a service that does not exist then Trading Standards should know about it, or Rip Off Britain.  Has anyone else had problems, or even does anyone else use the RM online psoatge service to buy labels for The International Medium parcel service? (Before anyone says why don't you send by GSP, we do on eBay, but we also sell from another site).

Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0
Got Postage related questions? Start here: