Packlink

I need to complain regards packlink

If we get a complaint we deal withit straight away.

Why does it take packlink 30 days to sort out a refund and then get th emonies wrong

and then send you an email to say its not packed correctly - when we all know how records should be packed with stiffners and stickers and tape to say DONOT BEND  yet the delivery drivers folded over an lp to stick in through someones letterbox - 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Packlink

"Why does it take packlink 30 days to sort out a refund"

I'm thinking it's probably in the contract somewhere ?.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Packlink

its a joke - when you do the claim form they ask for photos and proof - so you do this and then the following day you get an email to say they want photos of which you have already done.

then they aregue about how it was posted - was it done correctley - was the right packaging being used.

Then they say it will be passed to the insurance team - i am stil waiting for payments for the correct amounts.

its a JOKE!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Packlink

Packlink are liars.

I put in a claim when a parcel I sent never turned up. They sent a reply saying it had arrived. (saying it had been delivered a week ago, even though the tracking info said it still hadn't been delivered yesterday, but mysteriously changed to 'delivered' after my claim attempt).

The recipient hadn't received anything and he was in all day.  

Utter liars.  At least royal Mail are pretty good on lost post and damage. AVOID PACKLINK

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Packlink

Be advised ALL if you pack your records in an everlope that is sold to transport records and you put 2 cardbaord stiffners in the same enverlope, which you buy to transport records and place a plastic cover of which the record fits into and you use tape that says fragile and stickers that say do not bend this is fragile and pay the cost of delivery regards it being 2.88 or 2.94 and not forgetting the cost of the materiels so lets say conservitively 3.88 in total. and the record you sell is say 25.00 so total 28.88 you are out of pocket if you claim for the damaged record because you have not sent the record using teh correct methords as per every other record seller on ebay or even outside of ebay like from Sweden / Germany  / America / the list is not endless. Yet when you claim with the post office its done in 7 days and a cheque is sent for damamge!

Aviod Packlink - its very good advice.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Packlink

I would just like to leave this here for you all to read as I did some research today at work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/bn_7024766551 - i buy my mailers from ebay - i buy the stiffners from ebay ...

Now look at this :

https://www.packlink.com/en-GB/blog/lp-packing-and-delivery/

Start With a Great Packing Material

Proper preparation before posting vinyl records is essential to avoid any unwanted damage while in the process of shipping. Records and LP covers will benefit from any card stiffeners. This minimises any potential damage to your shipment.

You can even re-use old cardboard box cutouts to reinforce each side of the vinyl. If you have a fragile tape on hand, this will help make the whole package more secure. You also need to prepare bubble wrap for an added layer of protection for the shipment.

of which i do

now read this

Sending books and vinyls with eBay Delivery

With eBay Delivery you can send books, magazines and vinyl. However, you must pay special attention to their packaging. 

1. Tips
  2. Packaging materials
  3. Packaging instructions
  4. Coverage

Tips

We recommend sending the item with absorbent material to provide extra protection and to insulate it from humidity.

The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 80 cm.

Items must be transported in packaging approved and accepted by the selected carrier. You will need a very resilient packaging, with reinforced borders to protect the item and immobilise it inside the box. 

Padded envelopes and extra-flat boxes are not suitable packagings. These packagings are designed for transportation from the shop to the house/office, and it does not guarantee any optimal protection for the standard parcel service.

Packaging materials

Please use the following materials while packing your items: 

• Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
    • Expanded polyethylene sheets.
    • Formable foam.
    • Polyethylene foam.
    • Expanded polyethylene - corners and profiles.
    • Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
    • Packaging tape.

So the above contradicts everything, as does there no compliant packageing:

NON-COMPLIANT SHOCK ABSORBER:

• Corrugated fibreboard (aka cardboard).
      • Newspaper.
      • Clothes, blankets, quilts or similar fabric materials.

I would like some clarity on this from Ebay and Packlink - as we as sellers do everything correctly by packing the items up correctly - but when we have to make a claim we do not get refunded as Pack link says we have not done it correctley.

But if there own site says we can use the stiffners - why do they say on ebay we cannot use them

I would like some thoughts on this also.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Packlink

I would like ebays comments on the above please - or who do i contact regards packlink

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent