Best postage to utilise

Dear fellow sellers, please i need your opinion

I have been a seller now for couple months, hardly making profit after all fees deductions and my operation cost.  i sell a product that cant go through the normal postbox so essentially, it can't be a large letter and rather a parcel.

Yodel is the cheapest at the moment that I use, £2.88 for the 72hr delivery with tracking which have found quuite reliable, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any cheaper courier (NOT EVRI PLEASE) with tracking.

Royal mail currently charges higher for any other alternative.. Suggestions please? Thank you

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Best postage to utilise

Best postage to utilise

Have you considered listing the items as Collection In Person Only?  That way the onus is on the buyer to collect the item from you and there is no postage cost for you to pay.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I suggest you upgrade to a business account immediately.  You might be a 'reliable supplier', but you are trading illegally from a private account.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

To answer your question, the best rates you will get for courier services is to use a broker such as Parcel2Go to get the best discounted rates. Alternatively if you have the volume you can apply directly to the courier for an account to get cheaper rates.

Royal Mail can be cheaper if you apply for a business account to get cheaper rates than the public pay and they require only 20 parcels a week to set up a business account.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

I am trading illegally? what do you mean by that? I have only sold about £300 in revenue in the past year. If youre gonna help/reply, kindly elaborate and not just make false accusations sir.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

Thank you for your response. Can i message you please? I'd appreciate if you can put me throught, really appreciate your response.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

Its your account type there are 2 on ebay private account for selling your very own pesonnal property, and a business account for selling for a profit with intention of making money if you buy to sell you fall under the buiness account.

What you do buy tading under a private account is you deny customers there rights and you do not display your business address which is a legal requirment.

No body is telling you off but trying to stop you making rooky mistakes.

Good luck to you

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Best postage to utilise

Sorry I don't really do private messages. 

If you are only doing £300 per annum your best options are a broker such as Parcel2Go or Royal Mail Click and Drop. 

No courier or Royal Mail will want to set up an account for discounted prices if you are doing such little volume.

You need to use for now something that is publically available and once you have built up some volume you can look at getting discounted rates. As others said you need to make sure your eBay account reflects your business status if you are buying for profit.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: