Addres label format error

For years I have had the postage label set to 4x6 to print out on a dedicated label printer.  Yesterday the first 2 of 4 labels appeared in pdf A4 format with the proof of postage section.  I even cancelled the first one and tried again going over the settings carefully.  The third and fourth label reverted to 4x6.

Toay it is 4 out of 4 in the A4 format with unwanted proof of postage despite being very carefull to check the settings each time.

This is a serious error.  It was working for years but suddenly changes and is yet again a change made without the proper testing beforehand.  A4 labels can not be printed on 4x6 printers.  The 4x6 option is there for a specific reason.  It is very expensive and inconvient having to use a main printer with A4 labels and cut out the 4x6 and frankly if it is isn't fixed I'll have to stop as I only have a few A4 left.

This needs escalating to the highest possible level and fast.  Roll back whatever change was made and then leave it alone and stop messing about with it.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Lots of threads everywhere about this for the last 2 days, apparently no fixed date according to eBay's reps, but at least they have acknowledged the problem exist, rather then the typical "working as designed".

See post by marco :

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Royal-Mail-tracked-labels-now-have-proof-of-postage-u...

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Same here. Having to cut label from A4 sheet then tape it to package (I only have sticky A6 labels)  is ridiculous!

This must be fixed immediately.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I've been struggling with a recurring issue whenever I send items overseas. Despite setting the print size to 4x6, the CN22 label and confirmation slip continue to print on an A4 sheet .

To manage, I've resorted to manually transferring all the details to  https://send.royalmail.com/., which is less cumbersome than slicing up an entire A4 page. After discussing the problem extensively with eBay, they concluded it was an issue on Royal Mail's end. However, Royal Mail's response took 30 days and they, in turn, pointed the finger back at eBay.

I attempted to print again just today. This time, I managed to print the main postage label, although still on A4, the printer captured the top left corner.  but I had to use the Windows Sniping tool to capture the CN22 label, as it was cut off. Unfortunately, the print quality was so poor that I had to fill it in by hand anyway.

It doesn't look like eBay is planning to address this issue any time soon.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I Just brought a themral label printer as i was wasting paper cutting the label out - as there is no option now to have teh label downlaoded to the correct size - waste of money on both now - so i undertsand your frustration as well as many others - it does need to be fixed right away - so when you purchase the label it should ask you - a4 or 4x6

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

ALL the solution is when click to purchase the label for delivery look at the righ hand side at the bottom it will ask you do you want to change from A4 to 4x6 print label

Found this today

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: