2nd postage / reposting costs

Question, I sold an item, posted it, but the buyer wasn't in on the 3 attempted delivery attempts. Everi has returned the item to me.

The buyer still wants the item, and is happy to pay the repostage fees, how do I get this paid via eBay?

I don't see an obvious way to invoice the buyer again for the 2nd postage cost.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

The best thing here is to cancel the order this fully refunds the buyer and refunds your seller fees,  your seller performance is not affected.

Tick on the item in your sold listing,  then top left to View Order details.  From there, on More Actions on the right ,  you'll see Cancel this Order,  select the reason . ....Problem With Buyer's Address.

Then,  relist the item for the buyer to buy again.  You'll then have a new tracking number to use,  advisable if the buyer is constatly not home.

Message the buyer you are doing the above.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Personally I would advise you to follow Tressygirl's advice if you are happy to re-send the item to the buyer, whilst at the same time ensuring that he/she pays the second lot of postage costs.  However, given that the courier was unable to ensure that the item was delivered to the recipient on three consecutive occasions I would urge you to have a serious think about whether you wish to go through all of this again.  Although there may well have been a genuine reason as to why the buyer couldn't be present on all three delivery attempts - for example, the buyer may have been at work on those days, away on holiday, or he/she may have been taken ill and been admitted to hospital - there is also the chance that none of these possible explanations apply and you could potentially end up in exactly the same situation that you found yourself in the first time.  Worse still, the buyer may even end up opening an Item Not Received case against you, making matters even worse than they were first time around.

Should you decide to give the buyer a second chance, then if you do indeed find yourself in the same situation that you ended up in the first time, once the item has been returned to you I would strongly advise you to add the buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List, especially if you decide to relist the item for sale on eBay again a third time.  That way if the buyer is just wasting your time then once the blocks kick in he/she will not be able to purchase anything else from you and cause you any further problems.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent