eBay have cancelled my account

So eBay are no longer allowing me to sell.  It is a long story but the reason for not allowing me to sell or buy seems to be a generic one.

I opened account as I am downsizing and need to sell furniture.  I sold two items very quickly and was really pleased.  Before I received the payment in my account eBay put up a red lag saying my account was restricted.  I asked them why, they said they needed more ID.  This Isent, the restriction wasn't lifted.  In the meantime I sold a ew more items, one valued at £800.  I daren't let these go until eBay sorted out my problem  My buyer was happy to wait.  A month past with various messages trying to find the reason and promises that all would be sorted, three days, three days, five days...Today I sent a message, they reply said that due to inconsistancy in my selling I could no longer trade.

I am hoping that after the 170 days!!!! I will get my money but is there any guarantee of that?  The items that have already been collected and the customer has indicated they are satisfied (£550) will I get that?  I have asked the two more buyers if they will cancel and I have shut down any listings I now have.  I am quite worried that I have lost a lot of money!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"So eBay are no longer allowing me to sell"

but you have a live listing.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Your funds will not be released until you have provided all the ID that eBay require

This is due to anti-Money Laundering legislation from HM government

You have to PROVE who you are before they will release your funds

So I suggest you keep contacting eBay and ensure you prove your ID to their satisfaction (eg in line with HM Gov legislation) to get your funds released. Some issues are that paperwork does not show the exact same matching names eg uses a nickname or middle name is missing.

Make sure ALL names match correctly and resubmit your ID paperwork until eBay ARE satisfied, or your funds will be held indefinitely until you do.  

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

They allowed me to finish the listings but said I could no longer sell.  I have cancelled all as eBay says I will always have to wait up to 170 days as they aren't happy with the way I run the account (not the exact words)  I could complete sales.  I have sold two items with no problems but eBay wouldn't pay as they said they couldn't verify my information, I sent it again, heard nothing, tried again and was told I would need to wait 5 days for a resolution.  It all sounded good so I listed more items.  Both my previous buyers were happy, very happy.  As I hadn't received payment for a few weeks, even after collection I thought I would be safe and only allow items to go when I had received payment for the first items I sold.  Still no money from eBay, getting worried then as I was still £500 down, no item, no money eBay still saying there were problems.  One item I sold was £800, I just daren't let that go if eBay was still questionning my ID.  Today I was told my standards weren't the same as eBay's so I wouldn;t be able to sell once my listings have finished.   I eel victimised by eBay.  I have done nothing wrong, just had a lot of bother at a difficult time.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent