Is my Account money safe please .

I have not sold on eBay for 2 years or more. I used to take payments via Pay Pal

Today I sold an item , the buyer said he had paid by PP but nothing appeared

Instead I got a red dialogue box from eBay wanting me to tell them my Bank Account details. I realise now it's the new way of doing things

I've used an old account with almost nothing in it for future use but I now have £130 showing on eBay and described as "on hold" so does that mean I can release the Goods to the buyer as eBay say they have paid and I can see the money is on hold

Many thanks donnywolf

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you will be classed as a new seller by ebay so you should send the item as long as you received a payment notification from ebay.   The money will be released after buyer receives item or within 21 days.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I've just seen that your item is for collection.    Ideally it's best to ask for cash on collection.   If the buyer is willing you could refund their payment so they can pay again when they come to collect.   The payment hold may be 30 days.  

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi and thanks for replies

I am prepared to wait for the money and have registered my Bank details

Buyer paid By it now price of 150 and 129+ showing as "on hold"

Buyer wants to collect so Wife and I tbf want to know if that 129 is safe and goods can be released

Cheers again JT 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi donnywolf17, thanks for your post.

Yes, the funds are safe in your account, and they will be released after the number of days stated in the hold description. While I understand your concern, the funds will be released eventually. Please note that if the buyer files a case, the funds might be placed on hold again.

Just to clarify as well, buyers now will have the option to pay with a debit/credit card, Google or Apple pay, and PayPal as well. If they decide to pay with PayPal, they can do that no problem, but you'd still receive the payment in your bank account regardless of the payment method used by the buyer.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

The red banner is asking you to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

This will explain the process and what you need to do.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Once you have provided  eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

@donnywolf17 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent