unpaid cancellation record

How do I appeal this? I bought two items that I realised I had both in my collection. I contacted the buyer to cancel both these items. Everytime I try and appeal I get put through to that awful robot assistant! Can anyone help? Or is there a number I can call? 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Do you mean you contacted the seller?

Sellers unless they are registered businesses,  do not have to accept a cancellation request.

At best,  being a weekend you may just receive a positive reply soon, and it willl be cancelled.

At worst,  you will receive unpaid item strikes on your account if payment is not made in 4 days.  2 Strikes can see you blocked from buying from the majority of sellers on eBay for a full 12 months.

Sounds harsh I know,  but those are the rules.  One buys,  sellers expect payment.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks for you message. Looks like I'll have to appeal 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

If you are trying to appeal to eBay for two unpaid strikes they might not agree.

Your profile shows a nonpay false positive this month and 3 bid retractions - they might go against your appeal.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

it's that harsh?! 😱 guess I'll have to set up a new account to buy then. 

I get Ebays point. But really harsh. Carelessness from myself I guess. 

Do you know how to appeal? 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'd just be a bit more careful, maybe check your collection before bidding; it's not terribly kind to mess sellers about. I've done the same and have still paid for my items and then just listed them myself. 

Just an educational heads up - that neg you left for your Australian seller because you had to pay an £18 import fee - you know that you're the importer here and our very own HMRC set the import charges - it's nothing to do with your seller or eBay. 

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Whey not look to simply pay the seller, and then list them on your account once there received!

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Oh yeah absolutely this is a learning curve. 

Do you know how to appeal? It just takes me through to the robot assistant when I try 

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

The only appeal contact route is via the 'Contact Us' link on this eBay guidance page, it also lists the circumstances under which you can appeal:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/appealing-unpaid-cancellation-record?id=...

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Appreciated thank you ☺️ 

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent