selling fees for trousers

I have just sold a pair of shower proof walking trousers and been charged full fees. I thought fees were free from 8 April.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Did you list your items for under a 5 day duration?  That is an optional listing upgrade and the listing fee is 35p per item listed,  non refundable,  and payable sale or no sale.  It's charged the second the item goes live.

Check the breakdown of your fees for your transactions here :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/fin/transactions

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

It's free in the fashion clothing category but you listed in the Sports, Hobbies & Leisure category, which isn't included in the free fee offer.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

My assumption would be that you were charged fees because of the category the trousers were listed in.  You have to list the item in a clothing category:

From the email Ebay sent/FAQs

All items listed in clothing categories on ebay.co.uk by UK private sellers are eligible for free selling. This excludes categories such as accessories, hats,  footwear, watches, bags and jewellery. Free selling applies to all sales of pre-owned clothing from 8 April, 2024, including items that were listed on ebay.co.uk before 8 April, 2024 that haven’t yet sold. 

Your trousers were listed in 'Sports, Leisure & Hobbies'.  I got caught out at the weekend when I sold some vintage gloves.  I assumed there would be no fees, but gloves are 'accessories' and not clothing so I had to pay fees.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent