mis addressed parcel delivered to me

I moved house 6 months ago. A parcel was delivered to my address today, for the previous occupant. I have no way of contacting them, except through ebay. Don't want to open the parcel really to see if there's a return address. I have the intended recipient's name and ebay ref from the label. Clearly the last person forgot to change their address. Can I sort this out through ebay ? The auto assistant was no help at all. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay would not disclose any information, BUT do you know their Ebay ID.?  If so you can find them here https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Do you have  the seller ID on the address label if so again you can find

If none of the above you either put back in post marked not known at this address, carefully open to see if any information inside, or hold and see if seller or buyer tries to contact you.

Just another thought would any of your neigbours perhaps know where previous occupant moved to?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

A parcel was delivered to my address today

By post, or by courier? It makes a big difference.

If by post, you can just mark the parcel "not at this address" and hand it in at the PO.

If by courier, in theory you can phone them to collect it; in practice they may not want to know.

Failing this, you can try DIY detective work if you want, or just keep it for a time in case someone asks for it, and if not dispose of it.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent