Viewing bids on my items for sale

I am quite new to this. According to the app, I have one bid on my item for sale but I can't see it. How or where do I need to go to view this and hopefully any future bids?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You can view all activity on your listings in Seller Hub, here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/lst/active

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I don't use the app it's too limited for me,  but you should still see the bid.  Click on the item and on the 1 bid showing.

Or,  do you mean you wish to see the amount the buyer has placed,  that will not show  until someone places a higher bid. You started your jacket at 99p  the buyer may well have placed say a £10 bid but that will not show until equalled or beaten.

A few tips here.  Reserves are the most expensive listing upgrade.  Costing 4% of your set reserve payable sale or no sale, and minimum to place is £50.  Usually used for very expensive items.

It would not usually be used on clothing unless perhaps something vintage,  rare,  high brand.  Even then,  to save costs,  just list the item for the lowest amount you are happy to receive,  it cannot sell for less.

Then,  if the item doesn't sell,  there is nothing to pay. If you get one bid, which often happens,  you will have acheived the price you wanted,  and won't be disappointed 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

You can also click on the item, then click where it says '1 bid'.

Hopefully, you have checked out the terms and fees for using a reserve.

Fees are usually 4% of the reserve price and you pay this even if the item doesn't sell.

Better, in my view anyway, to start the item at a realistic price, certainly the lowest price you are prepared to accept.

Buyers who are looking at bidding 99p may not even consider paying over £50 for an item and may not realise that is the minimum reserve price.

dave@ebay 

Can you confirm that sellers still pay a reserve on clothing even now there are no fees on selling pre-owned clothing?  Would be useful to know.

Thank you.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I think @tressygirl and I were typing similar advice at the same time.

This does happen!

And we are usually on the same page.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Yep !  It happens and good thing that we are always on the same page too, @jckl1957   !

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

For clothes listings, private sellers will only incur fees for any of the following:

• Optional listing upgrades*

• Sending items internationally

• Using Promoted Listings to place advertisements 

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/fashion-selling/#fees

*Reserve Price,Subtitle,Listing in 2 categories,Promoted listings and 1 or 3 day auctions and International Site Visibility 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent