Unfair feedback

Hi All

I Recently sold a rustic potting bench made from recycled materials 

the buyer collected it

Then later in the day said they weren't happy with it because it had splinters and cracks 

I offered them a full refund or an exchange 

I also asked for photos of faults

They said they couldn't because they took it straight to the tip!!

They also said "Don't worry about it" 

Then leave me negative feedback???

I've asked them to reconsider their feedback but they won't 

please help me and thank you

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Unfair feedback

One very good reason why collected items should be inspected by buyer before paying in cash. At least it prevents these sort of claims after payment.

I am afraid there is nothing you can do apart from leaving "polite" follow up feedback to give your side of story, as they could have examined before taking away, and if unhappy, you could have cancelled the sale and refunded.

There is nothing I can see in the feedback that would give grounds for appealing to ebay.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback

You can contact eBay Customr Services, but there's no way to predict the result,  because the feedback doesn't break any rules.

However,  if you contact them, and do so now,  as there's more chance of Dublin answering, if you get the Philippines call centre,  my belief is they'll just say no feedback rules are broken and the feedback stays.

Bring to their attention the messages you sent trying to help,  offering a full refund but on the return of the item,  which they could not provide as they took it to the tip.

Not sure as said what they'll say, come back and tell us,  but worth a shot.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@w0tever 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

your buyer has virtually unlimited right because of your registered status.

Before contacting eBay consider that they might check out your private seller registration.

not only are you offering items for hire you are offering to supply alcohol as well - this is extremely serious.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent