There is no logistics channel to dispatch the parcel

Over the last couple of months I have placed orders from sellers in China (although some claim the item is in the UK) only to have them claim "There is no logistics channel to dispatch the parcel" (or a variation on this). Then offer me a refund.

Once I can understand, but it is now 6 or 7 times.

Anybody know what is happening in China?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Many buyers don't buy from China due to false location details and poor quality goods, so best take refunds when offered, and look to buy from the many great UK sellers listed on ebay instead.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

At a guess, these sellers are probably trying to provide a reason for not delivering items that won't result in eBay penalising them. The reasons eBay accepts may be different in China. In the UK, sellers sometimes claim "a problem with the buyer's address" for the same reason.

Do please be careful what you buy from China. You have no enforceable statutory consumer protection and items imported direct from China often don't comply with UK safety requirements, even if apparently marked as doing so.

There has been warning after warning from consumer safety bodies, yet buyers keep on buying high risk items like rechargeable batteries and chargers, or safety-critical vehicle components like brake friction material or steering track rod ends.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Unfortunately there has been a few items that I needed but the only sellers are in china (waste disposal tool, extra long clock hands, 32mm long barrel for kitchen tap) nothing safety/ quality critical.
All the sellers on eBay state that the items are in china or the item is in the UK but the seller is based in china and I am now having to take potluck  if they will post.
For a few of these items I went through over a hundred listings and did not find one that had seller based in UK

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent