THANK YOU EBAY

I just want to give a big THANKs to EBAY. The 1 month zero fees promo you gave me really helped me out a lot.

I'm most grateful to you for it. I'm a small seller struggling to pay my houshold bills and your site really helps me to get by. I've always said EBAY is a good friend to poor people.

All the best to your team & keep up the good work that you do for us

👍😊👍

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

THANK YOU EBAY

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Unfortunatey the ebay team will not see your post here,but I can tag Dave at ebay who can pass on your message to the rest of the ebay team for you. dave@ebay 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

THANK YOU EBAY

Thanks for the tag @plum993 

Hi @anjkovo2012,

Thanks for sharing this, Ive sent this post over to the promotions team. Its great to hear its helping make a difference.  

Thanks,

Dave.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

THANK YOU EBAY

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Great news, but the brand new gardening items that you're selling multiples of should really be listed on an eBay business account and don't qualify for the promotional offer, which is for private sellers listing their own personal items.

A private seller is one who is just selling off their own personal items such as clothes from their wardrobe, bits from their loft/garage etc.

A Business seller is someone who buys or makes items to sell on.  They need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

If you're also selling your own items, just open another eBay account (you can have more than one). Personally, I'd change this account you're posting here on to a business one only because it has some feedback and provenance, and would open another private account to list your own personal bits and pieces on.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent