Selling fees for clothes

Hello everyone so

ebay has announced  no fees for clothing does this include  new clothing or just preowned ?

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Selling fees for clothes

Just preowned.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Seemingly 'pre-owened' can be 'new'!

What are pre-owned clothes? Pre-owned clothes are items you no longer want or need …... These items can be new or used.”

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/fashion-selling/#

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

This is eBay's explanation and definition  of ' pre owned' clothes.

What are pre-owned clothes?

Pre-owned clothes are items you no longer want or need in a variety of conditions, for example an outfit that no longer fits, an unwanted gift, or vintage fashion that needs a new home. These items can be new or used. Selling clothing for free on eBay is a great way to make some extra cash.

You can sell them with the tags on.

@chinky1984 

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

It's confusing because eBay's advertising blurb for this 'promotion' refers to 'pre-loved' which implies used.  Usual clear as mud communication.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Yep,  couldn't agree more!  Strange terminology anyway in my humble opinion . 

If new with tags is allowed,  what's wrong with just saying it's Free to list clothes  Used and New ?

Simples !

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

It would be simple if clothing was categorised as 'new' or 'pre-owned' but when you list clothing there is not even a pre-owned category.

You can choose:

New

New with tags

New without tags

New with defects

Used.

Presumably, there are no fees for any of these?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Only time (and sales) will tell!

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Well, from eBay's blurb it would seem so, all items, used,  with tags,  new without tags, all seem to fall under this same promotion .  All loved, err sorry,  preloved.

Does the promo say how long it's on for ?

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Even if I sell unworn clothes with tags - which is hardly ever - I list them as 'used' because, in my view, they are secondhand since I have owned them, tried them on, kept them in my wardrobe for a while, realised it was a mistake to buy something that needed me to lose 4 or 5 lbs etc.  Usually, I would return brand new items to the shop promptly and get all of my money back!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Does the promo say how long it's on for ?

It isn't a Promo,its here to stay.

It saves clothing going to landfill,boosts ebay business,and helps sellers and buyers.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

Oh I see !! 

Good for some then, and nightmare scenario for others.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

You do have to be aware of exclusions though - I sold some vintage gloves (for £2.95) and thought, Yay, no fees!

However, as gloves are accessories and not clothing, I did pay fees.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Selling fees for clothes

The offer then permanent or not,  still has not been explained fully then,  to members.

Vintage gloves!  Hmmmm  wish I saw those first, @jckl1957   !

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent