Seller Cancelled

Before placing a bid on an item I asked the seller if he would consider using a courier at my expense but didn't get an answer. I subsequently bidded and won the item and asked again about a courier. The seller refused which is fine by me but meant I had to organise time off work to pick up which would take me a few days. The buyer has now cancelled the contract, surely that's not allowed without a legitimate reason?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Seller Cancelled

plum993
Experienced Mentor

A buyer has to honour a sellers listing terms, and if they don't then yes a seller can cancel a transaction.

If your ever in doubt in the future about a listing, ask a seller prior to buying, and wait for a reply,as it can save a lot of hassle for both parties! 😉

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Seller Cancelled

The seller may feel they have a legitimate reason.

They might feel that you are messing them about or may have wanted or needed to get rid of the item really quickly.

In the same way that Ebay can't make non-paying bidders pay, they can't make sellers complete a deal.

You can, if you choose, leave the seller negative feedback.

Personally, I would move on and find a similar item from somebody a bit more flexible and helpful.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Seller Cancelled

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

your requests for the seller to send the item to you was reason enough to cancel the transaction.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent