Return item that was collected in person

An item that I was selling was collected in person. After having it for 7 hrs now want to return it saying wasn't as described. They've instigated a return/refund on eBay. I'm happy to refund once it's returned but eBay don't have drop down box for this just a postage label fee? What should I do ? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

It is your responsibility to get the item back.

You will have to either provide a postage label or book and pay for a courier or arrange with the buyer to go and collect the item.

Once you have it back, you should refund and the case will close.

if you don't arrange to get the item back, the buyer can ask Ebay to step in after 3 days.

If this happens, Ebay will probably refund the buyer from your funds and tell them to keep the item so you do need to be pro-active.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

eBay don't have drop down box for this just a postage label fee?

That's because eBay now makes the seller responsible for the cost of return.

Was this the wooden crate? If so, it's hard to see why the buyer couldn't have checked it when collecting. I don't think it's been asked yet, but how did the buyer pay? If by cash on collection it won't be eligible for eBay's money back guarantee.

Assuming that the MBG applies, eBay will probably charge you for a standard 2kg max label. I'm not sure whether there's an option for a heavier weight. If 2kg doesn't isn't sufficient the buyer can contact eBay customer support to enable you to purchase a more suitable label. Or you can just arrange for a courier to collect it.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent