Replacement or refund not received

I received a damaged Stanley cup. Contacted seller who has promised many times to replace or refund in full. All I get is excuses i.e give them time to look into it, check post office etc etc. Which I have done. They were first contacted more than a month ago and I am no further forward. Any help on how to resolve would be great appreciated. Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Sellers make all sorts of promises and as you have found out to your detriment,  promises can be broken.

If a month has passed you are too late to do anything through eBay,   and need to now, turn to your payment provider for help with your refund.

If you come across something similar in the future,  listen to no excuses  or promises from the seller,  but follow eBay's 30 day MBG Money Back Guarantee, the policy is written on every listing,  now found on the right hand side beneath Payment and postage details. 

Open the relevant case,  and escalate on day 4 if not refunded beforehand.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Always go for a refund, open a not as described case, and it is then up to seller to either provide a return label or just refund. Relying on promises of a replacement just causes delays, and leads to no replacement or refund.

Trying to deal with a damaged item outside the ebay system, as you have found just ends up getting you out of time, as you only have 30 days, and seller knows this.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent