Refund

A buyer has requested a refund for an item of clothing that they say does not fit. I have a no refund or returns policy and always ask the buyer to look at the pictures and show all measurements. 

Should I refund and who pays the postage if I refund. Thanks for your help 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refund

If they refuse should I ask Ebay to step in?

No, eBy will not be involved. As I said, as a private seller you don't have to accept the return anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Refund

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

As a private seller with a no returns policy you don't have to refund a buyer because it doesn't fit.

The risk of course is that they may suddenly "discover" that it's faulty in some way, and use eBay's money back guarantee to get a refund.

Buyers are so used to shops and mail order etc. accepting returns that some  almost see it as a right. IMO it's probably better to accept returns, with the buyer paying the return postage - this may reduce the chance of them making an untruthful money back guarantee claim.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Refund

Thank you very much for your help and support. I will ask the buyer to pay postage. If they refuse should I ask Ebay to step in? Thanks

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Refund

If they refuse should I ask Ebay to step in?

No, eBy will not be involved. As I said, as a private seller you don't have to accept the return anyway.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Refund

Thanks so much for the help. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent