Chacrges for Item that was not sold

Hi

I recieved an email from you regarding the sale out of  ebay . I was unaware of the rules , However the person who persuaded me to do this , didnt turn up , so i have lost out and now being charged  £6.49 for an item that i did not sale . I feel I am being punished for this with the fee . and yet it was my ignorance and stupidity . Never again .

What are the chances of getting this £6.49 refunded please .

fk1122

View Entire Topic

This is not eBay customer services but a member to member help forum. 

If you sell 'off eBay' you are charged the FVF... and you could get suspended. You can ask Customer Services if you can get that fee back but I very much doubt that they will agree to it. It is actually a serious breach of policy.

Never agree to a sale off eBay ...and under no circumstances give out contact details if asked as this WILL get you banned. It's only fair... if eBay facilitates the sale they should get their fee... if everyone did it then eBay would cease to be!!! 

Personally, I think you have got off lightly...some have had permanent bans for doing this... it's not a fortune but you've learnt a costly lesson. Fully acquaint yourself with eBay selling policies and you won't fall foul in future.

Ask a question