Procedure when Evri have lost my sent package

Need some advice on my next step, after a week where Evri can no longer track my sold ebay item.

The buyer requested a refund this morning, as the watch I sold was to be a birthday present. I've made the refund and want to know what the best way forward is?

The postage was organised through ebay (parcel link). I've already openend in incident case with Evri, as they seem to be held up at the delivery depot for the last 4 days. Currently the package is still on the way to the buyer (providing Evri havn't lost it or managede to damage the shipping lable).

Should I open a refund claim through ebay against Evri and how do I do that? Or should I keep in contact with Evri and ask them to return the package to me if they can locate it?

First time this has happened after years of selling on ebay, so any advice greatfuly received.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You would make a claim via Packlink (not parcel link totally different courier)

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619-EasyTicket#

However Packlink have watches on their non compensation list

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209034425-Prohibited-items-and-no-compensation-i... and it looks as though you only had basic compensation at most and would be lucky to get £25

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can do.

Last time I use Evri.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

It's not unusual for evri parcels to be delayed on the tracking system and then get delivered some time later,so the buyer could still receive the watch.If they do then best hope there honest enough to get in touch and offer to either return or pay you again having been refunded.

As for evri,well there not the best tool in the box,so you may want to swap for something a little sharper,like RM 😉

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I have read that and hopefully it might be down to delays via a damaged shipping label etc. Am waiting on them now, so fingers crossed.

Also, the buyer appears very honest and we had a good conversation about her having to claim for a counterfit watch she first bought on ebay and me having two previous buyers fail to pay on the item (united through struggles).

RM are back as my preffered shipping method nwo, but it's a shame, as I've been using EVRI trouble free for nearly a year.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Evri issues can be down to "drivers" and locations,as some evri deliveries go without a hitch as you well know if you have previously used them.Luck of the draw sometimes.

As said evri deliveries can often go behind schedules,and get delivered upto 10 days late etc.

If the watch does arrive with the buyer then you would have to look to sort and agree the payment method out between you,as it can't be done via ebay,so maybe bank transfer or pay pal,or cheque.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent