Problem with Yodel - misdirected

Hi there,

I am the buyer in this case.

The seller printed an automated Yodel label and took the parcel to a Yodel collection point two weeks ago.

The last scan of the package said "item misrouted being redlivered" on the 24th.

The tracking details show - incorrectly - that the item is a 'return' going back to a company called 'a place for everything'. Clearly something in the scanning/tracking has gone wrong here.

I have spoken with Yodel customer service who tell me to contact ebay directly to resolve this issue since they have a contract with Yodel for delivery services. I and the seller also "do not pass security" since the destination address etc are incorrect! I do not know how to contact ebay directly since there does not appear to be any phone number or email address for ebay CS.

I have also reported the parcel missing but this simply requests the seller to respond and potentially offer a refund (which I don't want - I just want the item).

Can anyone help, please, with how to get eBay to talk to Yodel to sort out the whereabouts of the parcel?

H

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Open item not received case, escalate on day 4 to get refund.

This is all ebay will do, they can't get item delivered to you.

If item is delivered,  you can repay seller.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

If you do not get refund while you are within the 30 days, you will run out of time for a refund and probably still not get the item purchased, so insisting on getting your purchase rather than a refund is not very wise.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent