Postage Questions

Hi there, fairly new seller here.

On some listings, I am not allowed to increase the postage from £3.49 to £3.69 to meet the new Royal Mail 2nd Class Small Parcel rate. It says the maximum is £3.50.

I have tried changing the service between 2nd class small parcel and just regular 2nd class, but it won't allow me to revise the listing with the new rate. Other listings I have do not suffer this problem, so I don't understand.

Secondly, I bought my first postage through eBay the other day and there is no option for 2nd Class Large Letter (up to 500g) which is £2.30. It simply lists the £1.90 and £2.50 options from below and above the weight category my letter was in. 20p can make all the difference so I ended up using Royal Mail directly, but would like to resolve that if possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Postage Questions

You are probably blocked from increasing the postage price on the books and / or DVDs you have listed?  These have a capped postage to avoid  what used to happen,  that is, previously sellers postage gouging on those items.

If a higher postage cost is needed here,  you have 2 choices.

Either use the full cap and add the difference to the starting price of the item.

Or,  offer ' Free Postage',  and add the full cost of the postage to the starting price,  either way you are then not out of pocket.

Sorry,  I do not use eBay's postage labels I buy over the counter postage at my local little Post Office.

Though others I have read are having issues too,  with the cost of Large letters and the weights involved,  obviously an issue eBay need to take up.  May take a while !

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent