Not Allowing Bidding?

Is there something up with ebay's IT today? I've cleared the cookies from my browser. Rebooted, and I still can't bid on a couple of items. When I press to increase a bid, the bidding section then has a blue line around. When I press on bid, it doesn't move. It's like its crashed. That has happened on two different items today. Please advise, thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Not Allowing Bidding?

I think it is unlikely you have a bidding limit, but if there is a limit in place, every bid counts, so for example a first bid of £50 and a second bid of £60 would count as £110.

You do not give details of the bids you were trying to make, so the above is just a possible explanation, but the solution would be to try again tomorrow.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Not Allowing Bidding?

plum993
Experienced Mentor

There is a browser update for firefox today,if you use that browser, and updating should sort the issue of bidding/buying,if not then look to use a different browser for ebay like Chrome or edge,as you can have more than one browser

@elijoseph_0 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Not Allowing Bidding?

Hi John, thank you for your response. Indeed, I don't have a bidding limit. Both products are under £10 at this point. It's strange this has never happened before. A blue line appears on the box that asks if you'd like to bid again. When I press on bid the blue line appears around the whole box on the right. Then nothing happens. I will try again tomorrow as you suggest. 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Not Allowing Bidding?

Hi Plum, I've been using Brave that goes via Chrome for years.  Just tried Chrome on its own, and couldn't log in because I couldn't remember the password. LOL! I will try again tomorrow, otherwise I might have to get my techie in. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Not Allowing Bidding?

Tried again today, it is happening again and there doens't appear to be anyway of contacting of ebay directly. because they don't have a box for IT difficulties. 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Not Allowing Bidding?

This person can't buy anything.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Can-t-buy-goods/m-p/7604725#M207884

Someone else has said they're also having issues with bidding today too. 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent