Leaving Negative Feedback

Buyer made an offer that I accepted. He never paid and didn't respond to messages. He has one other feedback saying he did the same thing to her. But both feedbacks are listed as positive. There was no option to say it was negative.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's because it's a policy violation to leave negative feedback for buyers,  and as you can see,  it didn't help you at all,  as this buyer was able to come to you,  and do exactly the same.

Had that previous seller not broken feedback rules but followed the correct procedure below,  that buyer may well have accumulated enough strikes not to have been able to buy from you, and others,  and not pay.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective, and as you have seen,  policy breaking feedback doesn't help.

Set your Site Preferences to block 2 strike non payers from buying from you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

That's because it's a policy violation to leave negative feedback for buyers,  and as you can see,  it didn't help you at all,  as this buyer was able to come to you,  and do exactly the same.

Had that previous seller not broken feedback rules but followed the correct procedure below,  that buyer may well have accumulated enough strikes not to have been able to buy from you, and others,  and not pay.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective, and as you have seen,  policy breaking feedback doesn't help.

Set your Site Preferences to block 2 strike non payers from buying from you.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you. This is helpful. I had no idea that it was policy to not leave negative feedback for buyers. Nor did I know the two strike rule. I had already cnacelled the order and reported the buyer to eBay. It just seemed logical to leave negative feedback as well. I will refrain from doing that in the future!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

What reason did you give for cancelling?
The bidder only gets a non-payment strike if you wait until 5 days after the sale and cancel using the reason 'buyer did not pay'.

If you and the previous seller who left this person negative comments (but positive feedback for their percentage) had dealth with this properly, they would now have two non-payment strikes and would find it difficult to buy on the site,

You can set up your account to automatically cancel for non-payment.

All details here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271&st=3&pos=1&query=Un...

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

If the buyer know the rules they can get your feedback removed and that will damage your account.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Unless a sale is cancelled correctly the seller will still pay the selling fee.

Many sellers seem to prefer leaving meaningless positive feedback, which means they were satisfied with the sale, and probably pay fees.

If not already mentioned, you should set your preferences to block members with two or more unpaid strike, and in any case you should add this buyer to your blocked bidders list.

To cut down the number of unpaid cases, when buyers make offers, ebay has recently made automatic payments required as soon as offer is accepted, so it sounds as though you must be opted out to this scheme.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent