Item was returned but i didnt

I sent my parcel buyer was on holiday by the time item reached, item should be returned but I didn't get it and she open a case of refund how am I supposed to give when I don't have the item, what should I do now?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you didn't use a tracked postal method showing the item as delivered on ebay,having uploaded to the order details when you dispatched the package,then you need to refund the buyer in full within 30 days of the case being opened.

If you don't refund ebay can do it for you and place a defect on your account to!

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

What does the tracking show?

It sounds as if the buyer didn't receive the item because she was not at home.  Is that what happened?

The tracking information should show if the item is on its way back to you.

If you have tracking that shows attempted delivery, then the case opened by the buyer will eventually close in your favour.  You would need to add the tracking to the case.

If the tracking does show attempted delivery, and that the item has been returned to you, you could wait to get the item back before you refund.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent