Increased price after offer

Item was on aution with a starting price of  £275 plus £11.35 for postage although they said they'd prefer collection. I offered less twice but was declined so I asked if they allow me to buy it now if I paid full price. When I said I'd need it posted they replied saying that would mean paying ebay fees and so raised the price to £325. Is this acceptable practice in the community?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You asked for a service not offered, so it is reasonable to expect to pay more for postage, and of course the seller pays a selling fee on the postage.

However only you can know whether £50 extra is a reasonable for posting the item.

Seller would have to invoice you for sale price Plus postage, if you have already paid, then any extra will have to be paid by arrangement between you and seller, using Paypal or Bank Transfer.

The seller would have paid ebay fees on the original  price in any case, fees on the extra £50 would be £6.40.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for taking the time. I should have included pics. I should have been clearer that there was a postage option on the item and this was the description. 

IMG_5892.png

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Was there a buy it now option on the listing? If not,  you were simply making an offer at a higher price and the seller counter offered.

Why not just bid?

Your seller seems to think that cash on collection = no fees, they are wrong.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent