I want to collect item, but eBay is adding postage costs

Hi - This item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285810677960?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=PhIvQ-1dQ6O&s...

I want to offer the lowest bid and then collect it, but eBay is adding the postage cost. 

How do I bid without having to pay that? 

I could also make an offer and subtract the postage cost from my offer, but then when I do that and click submit, eBay tells me that a PayPal account is linked and I have to log out of it (or some similar message).  I can't be bothered to add a debit card.

What is going on?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

I want to collect item, but eBay is adding postage costs

The item is in auction,  I believe the collection option witll then be available at eBay checkout when you win the item.    It can always be refunded when you come to collect the item if it's persistent in remaining as the only option.

When making offers now,  you are now asked to make an immediate payment, and you need to provide a  payment method.

It's a new feature, and some sellers do not realise they have been opted into this scheme.  You may if you wish ask the seller if they would kindly  ' opt out' so you can select a different method of payment at eBay checkout.  Be aware,  they do not have to oblige.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent