I bought a pair off fake shoes and reported eBay

I bought a fake and reported eBay. Item delivered on 15th April 2024

When said bought made an offer which was accepted.  When having second thoughts eBay automatically deducted the money.

Arrived, and immediately contacted eBay as fake and was upheld.

I can't make a return as eBay removed it as fake and the buyer does not accept returns.

The buyer knew that she was selling fakes and excuses, you should have known by the price etc.

I do not trust to return out with eBay and for the seller to make the refund.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

There is a new feature when an offer is made / accepted,  eBay require an immediate payment, this was implemented to stop the many non payments when offers were accepted.

To be fair, some / most sellers who were not told about this,  do not know they have this selected, but can if they wish deselct the option.

If you receive a fake,  the seller Has to accept the return if a case for item not as described is opened, and here you are guaranteed a full refund.

No Returns policy on a sellers listing only prevents returns being made,  for change of mind, or does not fit reasons.

Open a case for item not as described with confidence,  listen to no excuses or promises from the seller,  and do not close the case early on any account.  If not refunded in 3 days,  escalate the case,  eBay step in and force the refund.

If many of these cases are opened for the same reason,  eBay take action and most likely will remove the seller permanently from their site.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Sellers cannot refuse returns for 'fakes' which come under the category of not as described, as long as a case was opened for the right reason within 30 days  of receipt of the item.

They can refuse change of mind returns if they have a no returns policy.

Have you got an ebay case open for 'item not as described'?  They have a specific timeline and ebay deciding one in your favour immediately you got the item sounds wrong.  What should happen is that ebay require you to send it back for a refund and makes the seller provide you with a paid for returns label.  They have three days to do that from when you open the case.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You must return the shoes using the label provided by the seller through the case.

The seller will not have to refund you until they get the shoes back.

If you refuse to return them, then the seller can refuse to refund you.

If you have not opened a return case, or don't now how to do this, come back and ask again, or use this link:

Start a return

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent