How to remove followers

Hi

i want to remove my followers as I suspect my ex is looking at what I'm buying & selling. This is making me feel uneasy and I feel it's a breach of privacy...

any ideas, thanks 🙏🏻 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

How to remove followers

You can't remove your followers.

You could close this account and make a new one with a username your ex won't connect with you.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

How to remove followers

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Nobody but you and the seller can see what you're buying. Feedback no longer shows what items a buyer has bought. (Although if your ex.is determined enough they can view your sellers' feedback to see what they sold to you!)

What you're selling is visible to anyone, even non-members. If you list items for public sale you can't say that it's a breach of your privacy because your ex. can view them.

As has been said, you could open a second account that your ex. doesn't know about, and use that for selling. In fact, it's a good thing to use separate accounts for buying and selling. If you use the same account for both, if you leave a seller bad feedback some will retaliate by buying something from you to do the same. Then you have all the hassle of trying to convince eBay that this was malicious bidding.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

How to remove followers

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You can't remove followers,as that is ebay's domain,so sellers have no control over followers.

A few options for you here:

Nothing to stop you changing your userID (name) Changing your username | eBay

You could also,keep this account for buying and make your profile private,so people can't see what you buy.See here,Feedback profiles | eBay

Then open a 2nd account,which is allowed, just for selling with a different user ID,as you can't sell if you choose a private profile.See this link at the bottom of it to register a 2nd account,Creating an eBay account | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent