How can I warn other buyers about a dishonest seller, other than giving negative feedback?

The seller sent me the laptop I won, posted unprotected in a flimsy Jiffy bag!

Unsurprisingly it got dented (Apple MacBook with aluminium body).

The seller has zero feedback so I'm an idiot for bidding on his auction, and he won't care if his feedback is negative.

Advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

How can I warn other buyers about a dishonest seller, other than giving negative feedback?

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

There is nothing further you can do here other than to leave feedback to warn others. 

Presumably you've received a full refund via an eBay item not as described return claim?

Your seller has likely had a wake up call now they've ended up with a damaged MacBook.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

As has been said, you can leave feedback and use eBay's money back guarantee to get a refund.

Be restrained in what you say in feedback. How is it dishonest to pack an item badly? Incompetent, yes, but dishonest?? 

Stick to the facts e.g. not propery packed and arrived damaged. Don't make personal accusations. Buyers often get so carried away that the seller can ask eBay to remove their feedback altogether.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent