Global Shipping tracking not updating

Hi. I sent an item on April 10th to Germany via the Global Shipping Programme. According to tracking it arrived at Amsterdam Schipol Airport on April 17th, SIX days ago, but that's the last update and now the buyer has put in a claim for a refund due to the item not arriving. Any suggestions what I can do? The automated help bot is useless so I'm trying here. Any helpful suggestions would be really welcome. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use the link I gave you to get an online chat or a callback with a Customer Services agent.

I would not even try to deal with the buyer - just get on to Ebay as it is their responsibility.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

When you use GSP, you are only responsible for getting the item safely to the onward shipping point in the UK.

As long as you have tracking proving delivery within the UK, contact Ebay and remind them that you are not liable for any 'item not received' claim.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for the swift reply. The tracking goes all the way to Schipol. I've sent the buyer a screenshot to 'prove' it and just hope that calms him. But any idea how to / where to poke eBay to contact a human being at eBay rather than the bot chat thingy which is depressingly unhelpful

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Use the link I gave you to get an online chat or a callback with a Customer Services agent.

I would not even try to deal with the buyer - just get on to Ebay as it is their responsibility.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

A thousand thanks to you! I got through to an actual human being and the issue is unraveling already with new overnight updates on the shipping logs. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent