Ebay closed a refund case for parts that did not fit without any explanation

I brought some clutch plates but the parts were poorly made and did not fit. the seller ignored my messages so I opened a refund case.  Ebay promptly closed it without any explanation and I cant appeal.  No way ot contact ebay to ask for explanation. So basically you have no protectionagainst buying shoddy products on ebay.  The sellers details are not disclosed so I cant pruse them directly under the sale of good acts.  So ebay is protecting them.  The cost of the items was £44 so its not a nothing purchase.

Has anyone found a way to actually make contact with ebay instead of getting stuck with their useless help pages.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

If you paid with Paypal open a not as described case there.

If not, contact your payment provider.

The reason your case was closed was because you said "Does not fit" which counts as a change of mind return. You should have said not as described,

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Ebay is not protecting the seller.  If you look back at the transaction, you will see that you bought from a private seller.

All business sellers have to display their business details and have to accept returns for any reason.

Private sellers do not have to display contact details and can refuse returns.  As advised, because you chose a 'change of mind' reason, the seller (not Ebay) was able to refuse the return and your case was closed.

As advised, you should contact your payment provider.  You can start a chargeback on the grounds that you have bought an item which was not fit for purpose.

You could contact Ebay (link below) and ask them if they could reopen the case as you made an error with the reason for return.  I don't know if they would do this.

In future, with purchases like this, Iwould check that you are buying from a business seller with an 'any reason' returns policy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent