Delayed payments

Hi, eBay have delayed my payments after both buyers giving me good feedback.

can someone please explain this reason for me.

Thanks John 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Delayed payments

If you put 'payment holds' into 'help & contact' top left of your Ebay page, you will find a full and detailed explanation.  This is the relevant part:

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 30 days, although sometimes it may be longer

You have not sold for a long time so Ebay is holding onto the buyers' payments as a security measure.  Making sure that you have added tracking which shows delivery may speed up payments.  Ebay tend to disregard feedback as buyers can leave it in error.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Delayed payments

Although your account is old you are a new seller as far as ebay are concerned and they usually hold payments to new sellers for up to 30 days, ostensibly to limit fraud but I imagine they make some interest on it too.   More info:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/default/default/payment-holds-sold-items?id=4155

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

It's a security measure for both your buyer,  and for your account.

You returned to selling after a long time,  sudden selling activity raises red flags to eBay,  as many dormant accounts are hacked.  eBay therefore,  need to see that the genuine seller has returned to the accout to sell and wish to see items safely delivered.

Your buyers leaving feedback helps, but tracking showing delivery will release the payout sooner, too.

Have you registered fully and correctly with eBay' s Managed Payments?  All sellers have to do this,  as PayPal is no longer used for the receiving of payouts from sales.

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

If you put 'payment holds' into 'help & contact' top left of your Ebay page, you will find a full and detailed explanation.  This is the relevant part:

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 30 days, although sometimes it may be longer

You have not sold for a long time so Ebay is holding onto the buyers' payments as a security measure.  Making sure that you have added tracking which shows delivery may speed up payments.  Ebay tend to disregard feedback as buyers can leave it in error.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

Thanks for your help. I haven't sold for a while because I've been ill.

both my sales were tracked etc. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I have never had any issues with my previous sales.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

Truly it's a security measure and an effective one in place. 

Once your items are shown to be delivered , these holds cease.

@9307johnt 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

Hi, both have shown to be delivered and both buyers sent me a message saying how happy they are with their purchase 

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Delayed payments

Thank you for your reply and information.

john

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent