Customer requesting to pay in instalments. How do I manage to do this?

Hi,

I have a customer wanting to buy an item in 4 monthly payments. I do not believe my account is set up for this. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do in order to be able to accept this?

Thanks in advance, 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone. I found the invisible to seller piece on financing, which leads the potential buyer to apply for paypal credit 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You can't.

If they want to pay in instalments they'll need a PayPal account and they'll need to apply for PayPal credit (same as a credit card). Even then it may not be offered on the item you're selling.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi vyolla,

Thanks for replying. Someone has mentioned that some of my listings have this shown, and others do not. Do you know why ?

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

The offer to pay by paypal credit in installments shown in a listing, is when a price is at a certain level like your item at £199

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

As aready said, you cannot arrange this, but if paypal credit is offered then buyer can apply but repayent, duration and amount  would be set by paypal, not the buyer. 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi plum933,

Thanks for replying. As my item is £199, I wondered why it was not there - paypal and standard cards are showing, but not paypal credit as an option.? Or is it me being old, and having a moment ?

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Hang on, is your buyer saying that they already have PayPal credit and want to use it but can't?

If they add the item to their basket and then pay via eBay checkout they should be able to use it.

If they're trying to use the Buy It Now button then immediate payment may be taken without them having the opportunity to use their PayPal credit. Same applies if they make an offer, eBay now take immediate payment as soon as the offer is accepted from the payment source they have registered (likely PayPal in this instance) but not PayPal credit. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Thanks everyone. I found the invisible to seller piece on financing, which leads the potential buyer to apply for paypal credit 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent