Contace ebay by phone and can a seller refuse returns if an item is damaged and not as described

I have 2 questions

Firstly how can I contact ebay by phone

Also I bought an item of clothing on ebay from a seller who says they dont accept returns.

When the item arrived it was damaged and it was 3 sizes too big it was advertised as being a 14 but is a lot more like a size 20

Can a buyer refuse returns under these circumstances?

How do I contact ebay by phone?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Contace ebay by phone and can a seller refuse returns if an item is damaged and not as described

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If an item arrives not as described in the description and photo's you can open a return request and a seller has to accept,and provide you with a prepaid label ,even if they state no returns.

You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to use a return request.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

What has happened so far?

If you tried to start a return for the item you bought and you chose the reason wrong size/doesn't fit, then a private seller would be able to refuse the return and the case would close.

If the item was too big and damaged, then you did need to choose 'item damaged' as the reason.  No seller can refuse a return for a damaged item.

If this is what has happened so far, then you can use the link provided by @plum993 and ask Customer Services if they can possibly open a new case for you.  Usually, you only get one chance to open a case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent