Check out discounts

I purchased an item with a discount code to be redeemed at checkout. When I went through check out I ended up paying the full amount. I contacted the seller straight away and he responded immediately and said it was a eBay thing. I don't fund my PayPal account with a credit card, but the sellers invoice when it arrived with the item showing the price I expect to pay after the discount. But added the discount amount back on under -payment by credit card. This amount being tax £33-38.  Opened a case with eBay as instructed by the seller, eBay closed the case because I received the item. I am trying to appeal the findings as I don't think eBay looked at the issue properly?. If I had done something wrong a helpful explanation would have been greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Check out discounts

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here?

If you had a discount code then it needs to be copied into the field at eBay checkout before authorising payment -  your seller is correct in that this is nothing to do with them.

If you've now received your item there is nothing you can do here if your aim is to try and pursue a partial refund for the discount code amount. 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent