Can't send an invoice to add postage

I listed an item as collection in person, but buyer would like it posted, which is fine for me.

I've searched through the forum and help to find how to add the postage cost, but the only option seems to be to Send an invoice.

But this option doesn't appear in the actions associated to my item.

The buyer sent me an offer which I accepted, and payment is showing as on hold. Is this impacting me being able to add postage?

TIA

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

As the payment has been made you won't be able to send an invoice now.    An alternative would be to cancel the current transaction via the dropdown menu arrow alongside the item on your sold list (refund will be issued in the process), and relist with postage on the listing for the buyer to buy and pay again.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

buyer would like it posted, which is fine for me.

If it was fine to post it, why didn't you list it with posting as an option? It may have reached a much better price.

Items listed for collection often sell very cheaply because the number of interested buyers living locally is so much smaller than when postage is offered. I've had some great bargains that way!

Not all buyers are cheeky enough to ask for items to be posted. Others will respect your decision to sell it for collection only, so you lose out on what may have been higher bids.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent