Buyer selecting different postage value to one set

Hiya all. 

I'm sorry if I have missed a chat that already has this mentioned. But does anyone know why a buyer is able to select a higher postage option to the one ive set please? 

Eg.. ive set a postage value of £2.94 for an 99p item. A buyer has bought my item but selected a postage option that is £5.46, but only paid £3.93 total price..meaning its costing me £2.33 for selling an unwanted item... I just don't understand how they're able to select a higher value postage to the one ive listed.   Am I doing something wrong? I've been selling on and off on  ebay for nearly 15years and this is the first time I've had this issue.. but its happened with 2 orders so far that ive had to cancel

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer can only select what is on your listing,in this case Evri but Evri charge extra for remote zones Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland or Channel Islands does your buyer live in one of these areas?

You could use Royal Mail who dont have a surcharge and online price is £3.19

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The buyer can't select a higher costing postage and then pay the postage actually on the listing.  In your case they paid the £2.94 so that'show you send it.

Can you screenshot where it is saying they have chosen £5.46? 

If you are using ebay postage then that might be what it costs, or what it has defaulted to, and nothing to do with the buyer's actions.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Hiya yep.. so the below screen shot is the postage the buyer has selected...

Which is not the postage I have offered..

1000010939.jpg

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

This is what the buyer had paid..

1000010963.jpg

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

This is what I offered on my listing...

1000010964.jpg

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I still don't think the buyer actually physically chose a different option to on the listing.

The listing price and the 'chosen' price are diferent due to the weight, not the level of service, and are ebay prices, not those from the evri website.

I think you went to buy postage through eBay, or eBay suggested you bought it through them.  The system thinks the parcel is 2 to 5kg, not the 0 to 1kg you quoted for, hence telling you a different price.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Was your buyer from the Highlands, Islands or Northern Ireland?

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent