Buyer opened item not received request 75 days after expected delivery.

The expected delivery date for my customers order was the 1st march, today it is the 15th of May. I can no longer open a case with the courier, how do I deal with this? eBay's policies state that the customer must open a case within 30 calendar days after the estimated or actual delivery/collection date has passed.

I cannot contact eBay for help, apparently all of their advisers are unavailable. No support from eBay as per usual, maybe it's time to stop using this platform. 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I doubt that contacting ebay would help, all they could tell you is thst buyer is out of time to open a not received case, and it should just close automatically.

Buyer will not be able to escalate to ebay, so you will not have to refund, at least not through this case. Buyer is also out of time to leave feedback.

However you should be aware that buyer if he knows, can possibly get his payment provider to start a charge back, which would mean you then have to refund. Failure to refund on a chargeback then involves ebay, who would have to refund at your expense, and they make a charge of I think £14 plus VAT. for having to do this.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

plum993
Experienced Mentor

A buyer does only get 30 days from the estimated delivery date to open a not received case.

If you can not prove the item was delivered then the buyer may decide to recover there money by other means,so there payment provider and a chargeback

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

A buyer may open a case,  but they're well out of time to escalate it.

Just leave it,  it'll time out and close after 30 days.

You can if you wish , send the buyer a polite message that you're sorry the item hasn't arrved,  but they're too late under eBay's 30 day MBG , to claim any refund.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I appreciate your replies, but the customer has opened a case! I don't understand how this has happened! 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm also not sure why the system allows this,  but there's nothing for the buyer or the seller to refund or escalate here.

It will eventually just expire and time out.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I doubt that contacting ebay would help, all they could tell you is thst buyer is out of time to open a not received case, and it should just close automatically.

Buyer will not be able to escalate to ebay, so you will not have to refund, at least not through this case. Buyer is also out of time to leave feedback.

However you should be aware that buyer if he knows, can possibly get his payment provider to start a charge back, which would mean you then have to refund. Failure to refund on a chargeback then involves ebay, who would have to refund at your expense, and they make a charge of I think £14 plus VAT. for having to do this.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@readysetcustom_shop wrote:

I appreciate your replies, but the customer has opened a case! I don't understand how this has happened! 

When the 30 days pass,a buyer can still open a case,but it's purely for communication purposes in the hope a solution can be met,but it can not be escalated to ebay so will time out and your not obliged to do anything.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Thank you for your replies, I now understand that whilst they were able to open a case after the 30 days eBay will not step in to force a refund. I've been selling on eBay for 15 years and this has never happened before, I learn something new every day.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent