Buyer not collecting but paid

Hi. I sold an item, collection only. Buyer has paid. I have sent many messages with my address and times he can collect. He just messages me back asking when and where he can collect. It is like he is not reading or not receiving my messages. Unsure what to do?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

The drill sold a few days ago,  although your buyer should have been in tourch by now,  most sellers for collected items will wait 7 days before cancelling an order.

Personally,  I would send the buyer one last polite message saying if you do not hear from them by Friday for a convenient time to pick up their item,  you'll deem the item to be unwanted,  and will be cancelling the order.  This fully refunds  the buyer, and refunds you your seller fees.

If there then is still no communication,  cancel the order this way.

If you are on My eBay Selling,  go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason ...  Buyer Requests to Cancel,  then your seller performance will not be affected.

If you are on the Seller Hub, find the item in Orders >>  Posted and Awaiting your Feedback.  Tick on the little arrow left of the item from the drop down menu which appears scroll down a little,  you will see Cancel this Order and complete as above.

You may need a PC / laptop and not the app or mobile browser to do this,  Chrome and Firefox work best with eBay.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

As the buyer has paid, you have probably got their phone number in the order details.

I do think this is one occasion where you would be justified in ringing your buyer - especially as it seems possible that they are not receiving or accessing your messages.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent